8 Things you MUST KNOW Before you apply for GPAT 2017
As on 6th Oct 2016, the official notification of GPAT has come out. Now, most of us know that the registration process will start from 10th Oct 2016 and will last till 10th Dec 2016. But this is not the end of it, the validity of notification actually extends till the procedures related to GPAT are over, that is, till GPAT-17 Counselling in various colleges across India. The most critical period of this journey is till 10th Feb 2017 (the date when AICTE is expected to declare GPAT-2017 result) and here is the list of few critical things that you must mind.
Do care to:
1. Fill your GPAT 2017 application at earliest. Since the GPAT 2017 test centres are located in only 58 cities across India, some of the candidates may not be able to get the test centre of their choice if they fill their forms late. So its advisable to fill your forms at earliest to ensure test centre of your choice.
2. Give your email id and contact number wisely as you will be communicated on this address. So make sure you don not give any friend’s or your coaching institute’s email id. You must be able to access the email id submitted for next 8 months at least (as recommended by official GPAT website).
3. Fill your application form carefully and don’t forget to review it as the details once entered are not eligible for modification at later stage.
4. Keep your password and id at some secure place as the same will be required till the day of result
5. Do not expect admit cards to be delivered at your postal address by mail. They will be uploaded on the official GPAT website and its candidate’s responsibility to keep visiting the site for release of admit cards on 13th Jan 2017.
6. Get the document (that are to be carried along at the time of exam) attestation work done one or two days before the exam.
7. On the day of exam, reach well in advance and
a. Take a SELF ATTESTED COPY of GPAT-17 Admit Card with recent passport size photo pasted on it.
b. Take an original (not photocopied / scanned copy) and valid photo id.
c. For candidates claiming reservation/relaxation (SC/ST/OBC/PH), take the ORIGINAL reservation certificate and one attested copy of the same.
8. Do not take unnecessary material like wristwatch, cellphones etc. with you as they may not be allowed inside the examination hall and it would be your responsibility to take care of that also.
We will keep updating more and the most recent information about GPAT 17. Stay in Contact.
Wish you Luck!!