1. Which of the following is the biosynthetic origin for an amino alkaloid Ephedrine?
a. Phenyl alanine and Ornithine
b. Phenyl alanine and Pyruvic acid
c. Histidine and Threonine
d. Tyrosine and Dihydroxy phenyl alanine
2. Which of the following is the responsible for prolonged QT interval?
b. Tricyclic anti-depressants
d. Left ventricular hypertrophy
3. Metastable peaks are always present at
a. Even mass numbers
b. Integral mass numbers
c. Odd mass
4. Which of the following antacid produces constipation?
a. Sodium citrate
b. Magnesium hydroxide
c. Magnesium trisilicate
d. Aluminium hydroxide gel
5. Calculate the amount of sodium chloride required to make 1.5 % solution of pilocarpine HCl isotonic with tear secretion? (Freezing point depression of 1 % pilocarpine HCl is – 120C and that of sodium chloride is – 0.5760C).
a. 0.564 % w/v
b. 0.712 % w/v
c. 0.224 % w/v
d. 0.693 % w/v
6. Lecithin is incorporated in shampoos as
a. Conditioning agent
c. Opacifying agent
d. pH adjusting agent
7. What is the % of ionisation of a drug with pKa 5 at pH 8?
a. 99.9 %
b. 99.99 %
c. 90 %
d. 99 %
8. Which of the following antihypertensive drug used in the treatment of alopecia?
9. What is the use of infusion of Tulsi leaves?
10. The conductivity of the solution of an electrolyte is
a. Independent of Temperature
b. Dependent of Temperature
c. Dependent of Both Temperature and Pressure
d. Dependent of Pressure applied