Opening for Team Leader @ Novartis
Direct team management, via demonstration of strong leadership and role modeling skills, of a defined global business function, Hyderabad Business Performance Reporting Team to enable delivery of business performance analysis, insights and reporting to technical operations teams at and above site, globally. This associate will also be responsible to develop and coach the business Reporting team at Hyderabad in line with Novartis associate development requirements using Novartis Values & Behaviours
• Works closely together with the Group Lead for Supply Operations and the Site Practice Head (in conjunction with matrix Regional Account Director) to shape and develop the Novartis Business Performance Reporting function for TechOps, and address evolving business and customer needs.
• Supports direct reports and also delivers own individual contribution
• Provides guidance, quality control and guidance in methodologies, processes and SOPs to enable delivery of reports within following areas:
o Demand Management Analytics
o Sales and Operational Planning
o Novartis Supply Chain Certification of Excellence KPI reporting
o Spare parts and inventory data extraction, transformation and loading
o Capacity reporting at sites
• Takes initiative to drive standardization of reports across markets within Business Reporting team and work with CPOs towards its timely implementation.
• Work towards build-up of functional capabilities to expedite transition of value added projects from Global Brand Teams/Country Organizations to GCO Hyderabad
• Establishes, vigorously monitors and report KPIs & take proactive action to continuously strive for improvements. Manage the Service Level Agreements with various customer stakeholder groups.
• Ensures exemplary communication with all stakeholders including internal associates, and global customers through regular local and global updates with focus on accomplishments, KPIs, best practices, staffing changes, key events, etc.
• Identifies and resolves operational issues, clearly articulate potential recommenda-tions/solutions to local or global managers/partners; manage number of escalations to global office.
• Works with other teams, brand directors and franchises (DMA) at Hyderabad to leverage the cross-functional synergies
• Is proactive in planning; anticipating change and acting in accordance; drive meticulous implementation of team goals and metrics.
• Grooms and develops talent, implements succession planning and mentor associates for higher responsibilities.
• Conducts performance appraisal of team members and manage the training needs of the group.
• Provides input into the budget process (for local India viewpoint) and ensure ongoing detailed cost reporting in line with the global and local policies / requirements.
• People leadership and managerial skills recognised through transparent and clear use of available tools and standards (e.g. TMS. PMP etc)
• Quality and accuracy of forecast assumptions
• Effective communication/knowledge/Best Practice sharing
• Tracks performance, utilization and quality of output through monthly business reviews
• Execute agreed targets for self and team
• Define and execute development plans for direct reports
• Operational Efficiency: Ensure optimal resource utilization (>85%)
• Innovation: Ability to find creative ways to build team dynamics, cross-functional training, organizational efficiencies
• Values and Behaviours: in line with leadership standards of Novartis
Candidate Profile :
MBA with Graduate / Post Graduate in Pharmacy/Science English
• Overall 8+ years of experience, with 4+ years in analytics & market research function with a leading pharma company/service provider and at least 2+ years’ experience in leading a team
• Past work reflects a track record of operational excellence in analytics space
• Understanding complexity of working in an off-shored environment with 2+ years of international exposure
• Familiarity with process set-up, quality KPIs and operational issues / management
Experience: 2-8 years
Qualification: MBA, B.Pharm, M.Pharm
Industry Type: Pharma/ Healthcare/ Clinical research
Functional Area: Technical Operations
Job ID: 197667BR
Last Date: 25th November, 2016
To apply, Click here.