Opening for Project Assistant in IISER (Govt. Job)
No.of post: 01
Name of the project: Asymmetric catalysis
Funding Agency: SERB-ECR
Minimum qualifications: MSc Chemistry with a minimum of 60% marks (or equivalent grade). Candidates without NET/GATE qualification may be ap- pointed as Project Assistant if found suitable.
Fellowship: Rs = 16,000/-
Tenure: 1 year, extendable based on performance
Age: 32 years. Age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/Women and Physically disabled as per government norms
How to Apply:
Completed applications should be sent by email to Dr. Alagiri Kaliyamoorthy (email@example.com), WITH THE SUBJECT LINE “Project Assistant position – Your Name”.
The application should contain a detailed resume, a one page statement of interest mentioning the project(s) of interest. Please include contact details (phone number, email and postal address), a photograph, scanned copies of educational/professional qualifications and reprints of papers if any. Research experience should be supported by a certificate from the previous employer(s). Candidates should bring originals of all applicable certificates (qualifying degrees, national examinations, category certificate, etc) during the interview. No TA/DA will be paid for appearing for the interview. Applications failing to the meet minimum criteria will not be considered. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
General Information / details about the post :
The shortlisted candidates will be informed by email on details of interview date, time and venue. A printed copy of the application form sent by email signed and dated by the applicant along with recent passport size photograph and photocopies of relevant certificates and other testimonials in support of age, qualification, experience etc. will be collected at the time of interview. Applicants must bring all certificates (original + one copy) at the time of interview for the purpose of verification.
1. Appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on termination of the research project.
2. The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment / absorption in Funding Agency or in IISER Thiruvanathapuram.
3. Appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project
4. The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions.
5. The prescribed educational qualifications are the bare minimum and mere possession of same does not entitled candidates to be called for interview. Where number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large, it will not be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates. Based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the Project Leader/ Principal Investigator may restrict the number of candidates to be called for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying.
6. No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
7. Selected candidates will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
8. No interim enquiries / correspondence / communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
Last Date : 15th November, 2016
To download form, Click here.