Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad, invites applications from candidates who are bonafide Indian citizens, to pursue research in modern biology leading to a Ph. D. Degree. The projects offered for Ph.D. would be in the broad areas of Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Genomics, Developmental Biology, Nanobiology, Plant Molecular Biology, Conservation Biology, Ecology, Protein Structure and Function, Biology of Macromolecules, Biology of Infection, Epigenetics, Chromatin Biology and Bioinformatics.
Candidates who satisfy the following criteria only need apply:
- Candidates with a Master’s degree in any branch of science or a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Pharmacy or Medicine having a valid National level fellowship (JRF/SRF of various funding agencies, e.g., CSIR, UGC, DBT, ICMR, etc.), DST-INSPIRE or any other equivalent fellowship can only apply. Valid fellowship is an absolute requirement for pursuing PhD at this Centre.
- BE/B. Tech degree holders in Biotechnology or in any engineering discipline qualified in GATE with a minimum 85.00 percentile are eligible to apply.
- Candidates with B.Pharm degree qualified in GPAT with a minimum 85.00 percentile can also apply.
- M.Sc/MTech/MPharm candidates qualified in GATE/GPAT are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates qualified only for lecturer-ship in CSIR-UGC (NET) examination need not apply.
- Upper age limit is 28 years as on 16.12.2016 which is relaxable by 5 years as per GoI rule for SC/ST/OBC/Women/Physically Handicapped candidates.
Written Test and Interview: Online applications will be screened and the eligible candidates will be called for written test on 19.1.2017 at CCMB, Hyderabad. Candidates qualified in the written test will have to appear for interview on 20.1.2017 (preliminary) and 21.1.2017 (final). Travelling Allowance is not payable by CCMB and candidates have to make their own arrangements for stay, etc. at Hyderabad.
Walk-in Written Test Candidates qualified in CSIR-UGC-NET or ICMR-JRF or DBT-JRF or any other equivalent fellowship such as DST-Inspire can also walk in on the day of the written test (19th January 2017) at 7.30 AM into CCMB along with their certificates, proof of age and qualification for the respective fellowship. Mere fulfillment of the minimum requirements stipulated in the notification would not automatically entitle a person for selection. The decision of the Institute in this regard shall be final. Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence, political or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification.
Last date for online application is 16.12.2016.
NOTIFICATION NO. 2/2016
For more information, Click here.