IISER Invites Scientific Assistant – Government of India
No of Post : 1 UR, 1 OBC
Scale of Pay : PB-II (Rs. 9,300-34,800) GP: Rs 4,200/-
Age Limit : 35 years
Essential B.E./B.Tech./M.Sc./MCA with at least 55% marks in appropriate field. OR Bachelor’s Degree in Science / Pharmacy (at least 60% marks) in appropriate field. Knowledge of computer applications like Word, Excel, Power Point etc. 3 years relevant experience in handling advanced sophisticated
Experience : 3 years relevant experience in handling advanced sophisticated instrumentation / research equipment such as NMR, XRD, EPR etc. in a laboratory / Academic / Research / Multinational Academic establishments of National / International Repute.
3 years working experience in Central / State Govt, or similar organized services / Semi-Govt. / PSU / Govt. Autonomous organizations / Govt. Universities / Govt. Institutes of national importance
Other Terms and Conditions for Application
The Institute may offer the positions on direct probation, optionally. In the case of appointments directly on probation on regular basis wherever applicable, without any provision for any initial contract, the following standard provisions be inserted in the offer letter:
1. Every officer on appointment to the Institute Service, either by direct
recruitment or by promotion in Junior Scale shall be on probation for a period of one year. .
Provided that the Controlling Authority may extend the period of probation in accordance with the instructions issued by the Government from time to time.
2. Provided further that any decision for extension of a probation period shall be taken ordinarily within eight weeks after the expiry of the previous probationary period and communicated in writing to the concerned officer together with the reasons for doing so within the said period.
3. On completion of the period of probation or any extension thereof, officers shall, if considered fit for permanent appointment, be retained in their appointments on regular basis and be confirmed in the due course against the available substantive vacancies, as the case may be.
4. If, during the period of probation or any extension thereof, as the case may be Institute is of the opinion that an officer is not fit for permanent appointment, Institute may discharge or revert the officer to the post held by him prior to his appointment in the service, as the case may be.
5. During the period of probation, or any extension thereof, candidates may be required by the Institute to undergo such courses of training and instructions and to pass examinations, and tests (including examination in Hindi) as Institute may deem fit, as a condition to satisfactory completion of the probation.
6. As regards other matters relating to probation, the members of the Institute Service will be governed by the instructions issued by the Institute rules / Government of India in this regard from time to time.
1. Any relaxations in respect of Group B and C positions in terms of age and number of years of experience except the educational qualifications, in exceptionally meritorious cases or to attract more number of candidates in professional, technical and scientific nature of posts may be recommended by the Shortlisting Committee for the approval of the Director. In case of Group A positions, it is strictly the Board of Governors to accord such relaxations in justifiable circumstances.
2. Relaxations, if any, shall be only in respect of a class or category of persons. Relaxation shall not be extended to in respect of an individual except in cases where an individual can be treated as a Class or Category of persons.
3. Relaxation of rules shall be resorted to only in outstanding cases. Such a relaxation shall not be a regular feature.
4. Before resorting to relaxation of Recruitment Rules, the Institute shall explore the feasibility of filling up a post by other methods of recruitment provided in the rules.
a) From All India level open advertisement from open market, upto 75% of vacancies, at each instance: All the vacancies in the posts carrying GP of Rs. 7600/- and above shall be filled up through All India Level Open advertisement on 75:25 ratio (Direct recruits versus Departmental Candidates). 25% vacancies shall be earmarked for departmental candidates. The Institute may release a separate advertisement for the limited departmental direct recruitment, if deemed necessary. There may also be a combined advertisement for both the departmental candidates and the candidates from open market, whenever the feeder grades are not commensurate to the vacancies (i.e. 3 to 5 times of the number of vacancies, earmarked for the departmental feeder grades).
b) Through selection under limited departmental quota of upto 50% of vacancies: At each instance, upto 50% of the total vacancies under Group B and C and the entry level posts of Group A, i.e. PB-3, GP- Rs. 5400/- shall be filled through All India Level Open advertisement from the open market. However, the departmental candidates may also apply against the direct recruitment quota through All India Level advertisement, on availing the age and relevant relaxations, as applicable. In respect of departmental quota, normally the feeder grade should range from 3 to 5 times the number of sanctioned posts in the higher grade, in case the post in the higher grade is to be filled on Selection basis. In case of non¬availability of feeder cadre, the advertisement shall be released in a consolidated manner where the departmental candidates also will be encouraged to compete with the open market candidates. The posts unfilled under limited departmental quota shall be filled up through open market, in a simultaneous manner through the same Selection Committee.
Fees and Mode of payment:
Fees: (i) Rs. 50/- (Only for General and OBC candidates)
(ii) SC/ST/PwD/women categories are exempted from payment of fee.
(iii) For Group B & C nositions, no fee is payable by Ex-servicemen (Vide OM No. 39018/l/79-Estt.(SCT) dated 20/09/1979.
Mode of Payment:
1. Online payment shall be made through SBI I-Collect only: The payment options through Internet Banking (all banks) and Debit Card/Credit Card will be available under SBI Collect. Detailed instructions and step wise guideline for payment is available at the link given below:
2. The self-attested printout of SBI Collect Receipt must be enclosed (with personal details appended overleaf) as proof of payment of fee.
3. Applicants desiring to apply for more than one post should fill-in and send separate applications for each post along-with the prescribed fee.
4. Fee is exempted for all Women candidates as per Govt, of India orders No. 39020/03/2009-Estt (B) dated 03/08/2010.
Last Date : 30th November, 2016
For more information, Click here.