Group Leader for Data Management is responsible for managing projects and a team of data management associates assigned to trials/Projects across therapeutic areas in Data Sciences. Group Leader collaborates with other functions as needed to ensure consistent high standards with respect to cost, quality and timelines.
1. Directly manages the resources in Hyderabad within a multi-functional team of Data Managers, Database programmers and p/eCRF developers aligned with the priorities of the Data Sciences.
2. Performs the duties of Company and Operational Manager and is responsible for the day to day local managerial aspects and performance management of assigned team
3. Collaborates with the internal and external partners and others across SSP to support and ensure the flexible coordination of activities and resources to deliver at the trial/project level.
4. Ensures high quality, timely communication and project information (resources, status of assigned activities, issues) flow to Head, Data Science.
5. Ensures provision of timely, efficient, high quality Data Management deliverables including study proposals for clinical projects and trials to customers
6. Provides input to and undertake the implementation and maintenance of relevant working practices and standards.
7. Drives productivity and efficiency measures to meet Novartis strategic imperatives and productivity targets.
8. Supports establishment of training programs (technical and professional skills) for Data Science staff
9. Supports the function head in managing timeliness and quality of deliverables done by a vendor for the activities outsourced by Data Science-PLSS.
10. Ensures development of assigned Group members, and builds a strong team spirit and alignment with other global SSP/PLSS associates.
11. Ensures scientific/ technical leadership at the trial/ project level.
12. Recruits and retains talent in Hyderabad; coaches and develops associates to enable them to provide the highest levels of scientific and technical capabilities. Establishes a group founded on innovation, high performance and trust.
13. Takes an active role in (or leads) SSP/Data Science-PLSS initiatives, forums and contributes to projects and trials according to functional area of expertise.
Candidate Profile :
University graduate/post graduate in life sciences, pharmacy or medicine with relevant industry experience in Clinical Data Management. Languages: Fluent English (verbal and written)
1. Broad experience (approx. 8+ years) in clinical development, specifically Data Management discipline.
2. Proven track record in successfully leading interdisciplinary teams.
3. Excellent people management skills with positive leadership and collaborative behaviours.
4. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to operate effectively in a global environment
5. Regularly demonstrated active contributions within the line function as well as ability to contribute to matrix teams with the necessary strategic thinking, quality awareness and implementation skills.
6. Strong technical and problem solving skills
7. Ability to work independently under pressure, demonstrating initiative and flexibility through effective and innovative leadership
8. High level understanding of clinical development, quality, standards and policies.
9. Attention to detail and quality focused
10. Computer literacy (e.g. MS Office, document management systems) demonstrated along with readiness
Experience: 8+ years
Qualification: B.Pharm, M.Pharm
Industry Type: Pharma/ Healthcare/ Clinical research
Functional Area: R&D
Job ID: 191843BR
Last Date: 15th December, 2016
To apply online, Click here.