Prepares, or contributes to the preparation of straightforward clinical documents, for either internal Quintiles customers or external clients, for investigational drugs, biologicals, or medical devices, under the guidance of senior staff. Participates in project teams and may lead specific tasks, consulting senior staff as necessary.
• Acts as Lead Medical Writer and performs competently on straightforward projects, with guidance from senior staff as required. Takes responsibility for preparation of assigned documents to a high standard, working in accordance with
Quintiles SOPs and the customer’s requirements. Identifies project needs, tracks project timelines and implements client requests with senior review.
• Participates in both internal and external project team meetings and liaises directly with the customer on medical writing issues, as appropriate and with senior support as needed.
• Arranges appropriate internal review of assigned documents and takes responsibility for on-time delivery.
• May perform QC review of documents or parts of documents prepared by more senior staff.
• Takes responsibility for managing day-to-day workload for assigned tasks and projects, in collaboration with senior staff.
• Keeps abreast of current data, trends, medical writing/regulatory knowledge, developments and advances in area of drug development/medical writing.
• Complies with Company SOPs and participates in the implementation of new SOPs.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Excellent standard of written English, and ability to communicate fluently and effectively in English, both in writing and verbally.
• Familiarity with the structural and content requirements of clinical study reports, protocols, and similar documents.
• Ability to integrate, interpret, and summarize data from a variety of sources in a clear and concise manner.
• Competence in completing a good first draft clinical study report in a routine therapeutic area within a reasonable time frame with limited guidance.
• Good understanding of common statistical methods used in clinical trials and interpretation of their results.
• Ability to give a simple presentation to a project team and/or customer, e.g. on Medical Writing processes.
• Ability to identify inconsistencies and deficiencies in statistical output.
• Ability to work on several projects at once while balancing multiple and overlapping timelines.
• Ability to assess workload and suggest prioritization to senior staff.
• Demonstrated abilities in collaboration with others and independent thought.
• Demonstrates confidence and maturity in most routine Medical Writing situations.
• Behaves professionally and responds appropriately to feedback from internal and external sources.
• Knowledge of regulations relevant to medical writing.
• Careful attention to detail and accuracy.
• Must be computer literate.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in a life science-related discipline, plus at least 1.5years experience as a medical writer within a pharmaceutical environment; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech
Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers
Regular sitting for extended periods of time
May require occasional travel.
Experience: 1.5 years
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Education: B.Pharm, B.Sc
Industry Type: Pharma/ Biotech/Clinical Research
Functional Area: Medical Writing
Job Code: 1612335
End Date: 31st December, 2016
To apply online, Click here.