PHARMA QUIZ 45
Pharma quiz 45 is another update to our series of MCQ QUIZ. The aim is to make life easier for aspirants looking for GPAT/NIPER exam paper practice. Our each quiz consist of 1o MCQs based on complete B.Pharm syllabus. At times there could be one subject or topic dominant in a quiz but we make sure the other subjects/topics get their due in upcoming quizzes. The answers to these questions is given at the end.
1. The short acting local anaesthetic among the following is:
2. The main mechanism of action through which local anaesthetics act is:
a) Ca channel blockers
b) Na Channel blockers
c) K Channel opener
d) Chloride channel blocker
3. Hybridization of carbon atom in a carbocation is:
4. When an external magnetic field is applied, what happens to the protons in a sample?
a) All protons align with the field.
b) All protons align opposite to the field.
c) Some protons align with the field and some align opposite to it.
d) All protons assume a random orientation
5. Which of the following will readily go for SN1 reaction:
a) Methyl chloride
b) 1 methyl 1, chloro ethane
c) 1,1 di methyl 1, chloro ethane
6. The part of the brain most affected in Parkinson’s Disease is
a) Corpus striatum
c) Substantia nigra
7. Why is dopamine not the drug of choice for symptomatic treatment of Parkinson ’s Disease when the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease are caused by loss of dopamine
a) Dopamine cannot cross the blood brain barrier
b) Dopamine has serious side effects
c) Dopamine is less tolerated
d) All of the above
8. Which of the following compounds has the MOST deshielded protons?
9. Levodopa is used along with Carbidopa in the treatment of Parkinson’Disease because Carbidopa
a) Aids Levodopa to cross blood brain barrier
b) Blocks the early conversion of Levodopa into dopamine
c) Enhances the absorption of levodopa
d) All of the above
10. Which of the following compounds is used as the refrence copmpound in the PMR spectroscopy?
b) methyl fluoride
d) Methyl amine